CALL 24-Hour Helpline: (410) 997-2272
Welcome to the Purple Challenge 2022!
Every October in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM), HopeWorks kicks off a virtual fundraising campaign to raise awareness and support for those affected by intimate partner violence in our community.
DVAM is an opportunity for individuals, organizations, and communities to raise public awareness of intimate partner violence and engage in efforts to prevent it. HopeWorks invites advocates, family members, neighbors, supporters, and community members to stand together in solidarity and uplift survivors. Together, we can make a real difference in the lives of so many people in our community. Together, we can end domestic violence and create peace. Change begins today!
About the Purple Challenge Campaign
The Purple Challenge is a virtual, peer-to-peer fundraising campaign that begins on October 1 and lasts the entire month of October. Individuals and teams create personal fundraising pages to collect donations from their friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors. 100% of the funds raised during The Purple Challenge go to HopeWorks’ comprehensive intervention services, outreach and prevention education for survivors and our community.
Our goal is to have as many people as possible join The Purple Challenge! This can look like donating to the campaign, starting an individual or team fundraising page, attending an event, volunteering with HopeWorks, or sharing HopeWorks’ mission and message with your friends and family.
How to Get Involved
- Donate to the Purple Challenge campaign. Click here to make a donation.
- Create your own fundraising page. Click here to sign up. Just fill out your information and you’re ready to go!
- Attend a HopeWorks event this month. Click here to view our October events calendar.
- Donate to our Emergency Pantry. Click here to view our current needs list.
- Use the Purple Challenge Toolkit or share our posts on Facebook and Instagram to spread awareness of intimate partner violence and encourage your network to support HopeWorks.